Tuesday 9 May 2017

Day 120: Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses...

Album 369/1031

Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine (1992)


All tracks written by Rage Against the Machine (Tim Commerford, Zack de la Rocha, Tom Morello, Brad Wilk).

Original track listing
No.TitleLength
1."Bombtrack"4:04
2."Killing in the Name"5:14
3."Take the Power Back"5:37
4."Settle for Nothing"4:48
5."Bullet in the Head"5:07
6."Know Your Enemy(feat. Maynard James Keenan)4:55
7."Wake Up"6:04
8."Fistful of Steel"5:31
9."Township Rebellion"5:24
10."Freedom"6:06

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_Against_the_Machine_(album)

Golf's verdict: HIDDEN GEM! I was busy when this came out, settling into a life of studious academic seclusion (or the opposite of that, I forget). Anyway, never really got to hear the album other than the singles. Turns out there was plenty more meat to this than I thought.

Maire's verdict: I knew the singles but not the album. I really enjoyed it - cleared the Monday blues.


Album 370/1031

Spiritualised - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space (1997)


Album track listing credits all songs as written by Jason Pierce, except "Can't Help Falling in Love" written by George David WeissHugo Peretti, and Luigi Creatore.

No.TitleLength
1."Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space (I Can't Help Falling in Love)"3:54/3:40 (1997 version)
2."Come Together"4:40
3."I Think I'm in Love"8:10
4."All of My Thoughts"4:36
5."Stay with Me"5:08
6."Electricity"3:45
7."Home of the Brave"2:35
8."The Individual"4:02
9."Broken Heart"6:38
10."No God Only Religion"4:21
11."Cool Waves"5:06
12."Cop Shoot Cop…"17:00

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladies_and_Gentlemen_We_Are_Floating_in_Space

Golf's verdict: The CD came in a foil wrapper like a big aspirin and I remember thinking at the time that that was the most original thing about it. A rather over-rated album from a rather over-rated band.


Maire's verdict: I generally start drafting my reviews in my head within a song or two and for this album it went: "I was never a particular fan and this didn't change my mind." By the end of the album I hadn't changed my mind. 'Broken Heart' was the only good track.

No comments:

Post a Comment